The only Greco-Roman temple in Armenia with a colonnade is Garni. It was built around 76AD and was a pagan temple. After Armenia became christened the place became a summer palace for the king, and there are several other remains on the site.Garni it situated on the brink to a to a canyon-like valley. The temple was ruined in a big earth-quake in 1679 and was rebuilt 300 years later.
It was a steep fall down to the river below and a strech had really nice columns of basalt and that was also the material used in the columns in the temple.